Working with Clinic Staff
1. Lay a solid foundation with top administrators so that they know what you are doing and how you will be doing it.
2. Get acquainted and talk with all staff.
3. Eat lunch in the staff lunchroom as often as possible to get to know staff better.
4. Have regular meetings with key staff in each area. Ask for feedback, both positive and negative. Ask for suggestions and questions. Check to see how you can work together.
5. Distribute a monthly calendar of approximate days and times staff will be in the clinic.
6. Set up sites where brochures and forms can be left out for people to read and enroll.
7. Ask to have a PAT mailbox for communications from around the clinic.
8. Write an informative and friendly newsletter or memo to give to all staff on a regular basis. This newsletter can relay specific information in a uniform way to many different groups of people.