Making a Referral
1. Assist parent in completing all necessary information on the referral card. If a family lives in your school district, fill out any additional program enrollment cards and tell them if you know who will be calling them about a visit.
2. Record information on the Recruitment sheet. Use a separate sheet for each school district.
3. Mail referral cards approximately twice each month to all districts.
4. Make follow-up calls to each district to collect enrollment data for families referred.
5. When you meet a family that says they have not been contacted by their district program, make a follow-up call to that district to make sure they received the referral.